Monday, November 2, 2009

Margarita Pizza


Margarita pizza is Chris and my favorite type of pizza, so I thought I'd give it a shot and make one myself. I didn't follow a recipe for this, but I think next time I will. I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand too. The pizza was really basic, but really quick to prepare.

Recipe:
1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust (thin crust)
Olive oil
3 tomatoes cut into thin slices
Fresh mozzarella cheese cut into thin slices
Basil (one pack of the fresh stuff)
Salt

Pre-heat oven to directions on back of pizza crust roll. Sprinkle baking stone or cookie sheet with corn meal. Unroll pizza crust onto stone. Drizzle a light layer of olive oil on crust. Layer tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on top of crust. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake according to pizza crust directions. Add basil for last 4 minutes (not sooner or it will burn).

No comments:

Post a Comment