Thursday, November 12, 2009

Greek Mediterranean Hummus Dip


This is definitely the go-to party recipe. I had this at a party, got the recipe, and can't stop raving about it. While not everyone likes hummus, this dip never fails to be a hit at parties. The dip doesn't taste hummus-y at all, yet it's still very healthy. I also made this for the baby shower and I had a few people ask me for the recipe. I love this dip with veggies or pita pieces. Not only is this dip yummy, it also has a very pretty presentation. (Sorry I forgot to take a pic of the dip before we started eating it hehe)

Recipe:
2 8 oz. package fat-free cream cheese, softened
2 T. Italian seasoning
3 T lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
3-4 cloves minced garlic
2 small container of classic hummus (I made my own...see previous posts)
1 container of crumbled feta cheese
15 or so cherry tomatoes, chopped
1.5 cucumbers, roughly chopped
a handful of pitted olives, sliced (I left this out since I don't like olives)
3 green onions, roughly chopped

Mix together the cream cheese, Italian seasonings and garlic. In a pie plate, spread the cream cheese mixture in an even layer. Drop spoonfuls of hummus on top and then spread to make an even layer. Sprinkle half of the feta cheese crumbles, then half the cucumber, then half the tomato then repeat. Finish with sprinkles of sliced olives. Top with green onions. Top with green onions. Serve with pita or tortilla chips or mixed veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment