Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tomato & Corn Whole Wheat Pasta



I forget the exact name of this recipe, but you get the jist of it by the title (note to self - find correct title). I whipped out my handy-dandy Martha Stewart "New Classics" cookbook for dinner the other night. I was in the mood for something with veggies and whole wheat pasta. Besides the chopping, this recipe was easy to make (I think chopping gets annoying pretty quickly). I used whole wheat pasta, but you could use white pasta as well.

Recipe:

2 T butter
6 tomatoes
1 medium to large white onion
2 T thyme
1 T coarse salt
3 ears of corn
1 package whole wheat pasta shells

Add 2 T butter to a large sauce pan with chopped onion. Cook about 6 minutes until onions are tender. Add 6 chopped tomatoes. Cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Add corn, thyme and salt and cook 6 more minutes. In the meantime, cook pasta shells in a separate pot of boiling water. Add cooked pasta to final mixture of tomatoes, corn and onion. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment