Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blueberry Buckle


As soon as a make this recipe, I always have to grab a piece quickly before Chris gets his hands on it and it's all gone. I always make this recipe with whole wheat flour and it tastes just as good. I left off the topping this time to give it more of a healthy kick, but I'd highly suggest the topping - it's amazing! I've been packing it as breakfast all week for work and I really think it starts my day off better than my usual boring granola bar!
Recipe:

Topping
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

Batter
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups blueberries

To make the topping, crumble the sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter with a fork in a small bowl. Set aside.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch square pan or a bread pan. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs, one at a time, and stir in the milk. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder into a separate bowl. Gradually stir it into the butter and sugar mixture. Wash and stem the blueberries. Fold into batter, then spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the topping over the batter.

Bake the blueberry buckle for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Let cool and serve.

Source: Family Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment