Monday, November 2, 2009

Pesto


After I finished the hummus, I rinsed out the food processor and made a quick batch of hummus. This recipe was also out of my "New Classics" Martha Stewart cookbook. I double the recipe because I've heard you can keep this stuff for a few weeks or free it and use it later. I thought the recipe called for too much olive oil, so I reduced that a little bit. I plan on using the pesto sauce as a spread for lunch sandwiches this week, for a pasta dish I want to try, and for whole wheat chicken pesto pizza.
Recipe:
6 c packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 c pine nuts
3 cloves garlic
Coarse salt
1/2 c or so of olive oil
1/2 c parmesean cheese
Pepper
Combine all ingredient in food process starting with basil and ending with the olive oil. Refrigerate, serve, or freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment