Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tomato Simmered Chicken


Ok, so I totally just made up the title of this recipe, because I sort of made the recipe up. A few years ago, I came across a similar recipe online somewhere. Between now and then, I've misplaced the recipe and have had to modify it to what I remember it to be. I was in the mood for something healthy since I had cookies for breakfast and a candy bar for lunch. Awful diet, I know! I also was in a little bit of a hurry, I remembered this recipe being quick, and I was correct! This dish is that easy token meal you can make when you need something nutritious and quick!

Recipe:
Pack of chicken breast tenderloins
1 can of diced tomatoes
4 scallions, cut into small pieces
3 T butter
2-3 t garlic salt
1 T salt
3 T Italian seasoning
In a large skillet or wok, add 2 T butter and chicken. In a separate smaller skillet, add 1 T butter and scallions. Saute scallions on low heat. Don't burn. Cook chicken in skillet until no longer pink in the center (about 10 minutes). Add entire can of diced tomatoes, both salts, Italian seasoning, and scallions. Cook over low heat for 7 minutes. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment