Monday, November 2, 2009

Health Food Kick!


I had a great weekend celebrating my 25th birthday and eating lots of homemade red velvet cake (thanks mom)! After consuming at least a forth of the cake in two days, I decided I need to start caring more about what I eat. I have found several great health food blogs that talk a lot about the importance of eating the right thing. It's not that Chris or I are trying to lose weight, I just think we have realized we need to care more about what we are putting into our bodies, especially with H1N1 and the cold season starting. We already exercise frequently, so at least we've got that part down pat! Now onto the healthy eating adventures...

Trader Joe's and Whole Foods are the best grocery stores in C-Bus, hands down. Whole Foods in a little too expensive to do 100% of our grocery shopping, so I opted to go to Trader Joe's, and it did not disappoint. Trader Joe's is ah-mazing! The prices! The quality! The healthy-ness! The free samples (oops)! The unique selection! I've been to Trader Joe's before, but I've never really bought an entire weeks worth of groceries there. Trader Joe's blows The Iggle and Wally World way far away. I took a picture (above) of a few of the things I bought.

We are at least going to try out this new healthy eating kick for two weeks and see how it goes...stay tuned for more updates on our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment