Thursday, November 12, 2009

The BEST Sugar Cookies



These are honestly the best sugar cookies ever! They taste just like Cheryl's Cookies. The recipe is from a family friend passed way down to a bunch of people, and now I've got my hands on it! I made this the other day for a baby shower I went to. I iced them too, but I forgot to take a picture of them iced - oops! These are perfect for the holidays. I plan on making cookie bins to take in and pass out at work in the next month or so. My sister started that tradition about five years ago, giving cookie bins to her friends and my dad's co-workers. I hope I get the time to put together a quality assortment this holiday season!
Do you like the picture of my cookie icing helper?! He's so cute!

Recipe:
*This makes a lot. I halve the recipe!

1 c margarine or butter (4 sticks)
2 c sugar
4 egg yolks
1 c sour cream
1 teas salt
8 c flour
2 teas nutmeg
1 teas baking soda
2 teas vanilla

Cream butter, sugar, and egg yolks.
Add sour cream.
Mix in other ingredients.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment