Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Pie




I have been obsessed with everything pumpkin this fall! All year, I have been waiting for an excuse to break out the pumpkin recipes, and I finally have one! The trees were particularly beautiful this weekend in our neighborhood, so I felt motivated to cook. I don't have any special pumpkin pie recipes, so I just used the one on the back of the Libby's pumpkin can. I bought a pie crust at the grocery (my next mission is to make my own crust). I didn't want to get ahead of myself and be overly ambitious with a 100% homemade recipe :) I was a little nervous about making a mostly homemade pie, but was presently surprised on how easy this recipe was.

Recipe
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
Whipped cream (optional)

MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. POUR into pie shell. BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Source: Libby's

No comments:

Post a Comment