Monday, October 5, 2009

Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad


This weekend I decided to stock up on food for the week (since I don't like cooking very often after working all day). I came across this great Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Annie's Eats. I'm always looking for good chicken recipes, and I'm always trying to think of something else for Chris to eat for lunch besides his usual turkey sandwich! (On a side note...I have another great chicken salad recipe that I'll post later. I can't decide which one I like better, but this one is definitely good)


I left out the pecans, and only put about half of the mayo and yogurt in (I don't like overly creamy or mayo-tasting chicken salad). I also made my chicken salad with shredded chicken since I like the texture better. (To shred chicken, just boil it in hot water for about 1.5 hours and shred with a fork after it's tender) Once again, I doubled the recipe so I have a large stash for the week!


*I really need to learn how to make these pictures look more appetizing!*


Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad

4 cups of cubed cooked chicken

1 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped

1 rib celery, finely diced

2-4 T finely minced shallot

1 cup dried cranberries

1/3 cup light mayonnaise

1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt

3 T red wine vinegar

2 T minced flat-leaf parsley

1/2 t salt

1/2 t pepper


Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Serve.


Source: Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment