Thursday, October 1, 2009

Homemade Vanilla Fro Yo!




Even though last night was a cool fall night, I made homemade vanilla frozen yogurt. I found this recipe that looked really good, plus I have a Cusinart Ice Cream Maker that I needed to get some more use out of. This honestly was the easiest thing I have ever made. All of the recipes I make require little to no skillzzz! There are only 3 ingredients, but you must have an ice cream maker to do this. I'd recommend you get one if you don't have one. Also, it's a great wedding gift (that's how we got ours)!


Here is the recipe (also from 101 Cookbooks)

Frozen Yogurt (Similar to Pinkberry's in NYC)

3 cups Greek-style yogurt (you must use Greek-style or it won't work)

3/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla (if using). Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Blend in ice cream maker until thick, which is about 15-20 minutes. Also, don't forget to freeze your ice cream maker before you do this (like me, DUH!)

*Put any additional add-ins you want like raspberries, blueberries, cut up candy pieces, peaches... I decided to leave mine plain and make yummo sundaes.

**This only makes about 3 servings. Double if you have more people (or big eaters).







No comments:

Post a Comment