Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Minestrone


I also combined a few recipes and added some of my own ingredients to this Minestrone recipe (quite the crafty cook, if I do say so). I wanted to make this a really healthy, veggie and bean packed minestrone, and I couldn't find one exact recipe I wanted to use. This turned out really well! It makes a very large batch though (it fill my crockpot to the top). Great for leftovers! I used a crockpot for this, so I'm not sure how you would make it without a crockpot. I'm assuming you'd cook it on medium high in a big pot on the stove for a few hours until the carrots are tender.

Recipe:
40 oz chicken or vegetable broth (or more if you think it needs it)
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
1 can white kidney beans, rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes, entire can
1 onion, diced
1 package spinach, thawed with water squeezed out
3 c carrots
2 T garlic
2 T italian seasoning
2 T parsley
2 T basil
1 package rotini pasta (I used whole wheat)
Combine everything in crockpot except pasta. Cook on low 7-9 hours. Cook pasta at the end and add it to the crockpot mix for 30 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment