Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mango Pudding Cups


This is officially my new favorite healthy dessert. Seriously, I have printed this recipe out to give to a few people at work who are trying to eat healthier too, it's that good! Chris and I were out to eat at North Star Cafe last weekend, our favorite vegan restaurant in C-Bus. They have a slew of magazines there, and I found this recipe in an issue of Eating Well. I found several other recipes I liked in the magazine, so I went to the grocery and bought it. I think next time I may reduce the amount of nonfat sweetened condensed milk to make it even healthier.


Recipe:
4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 c water
5 c diced frozen mango, thawed (2 packages)
1 14-oz can nonfat sweetened condensed milk
5 T lime juice
1. Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl; let stand until softened, about 1 minute. Microwave on high about 15-20 seconds. Stir the mixture until smooth. Do NOT let harden.
2. Blend mango in a blender or food processor. Stir in remaining ingredients including gelatin.
3. Divide into ramekins or small bowls. Refrigerate to set for about 2 hours.

Source: Eating Well


No comments:

Post a Comment